Monday, May 18, 2015

The laminate cutter what!

I have installed laminate four separate times in two houses. The first time it took me forever as it was in the second story and I had to trek outside to cut each piece. It was frustrating to say the very least. I felt like quitting with each cut. I eventually finished and immediately regretted putting laminate in my second story. 

The second time was just long enough to forget what a pain it was (same house) in my entire downstairs. I was better this time although my house had some crazy major angles and after a year and a half I hired someone to come and do the complicated cuts and molding, and bathroom as I was done. I vowed to myself when I sold that house I would never buy unless it was move in ready. 

Fast forward two years later I had just married, moved into my hubby's home that was not move in ready within months we purchased HVAC, siding, roof and the carpet was gross in what was going to be our daughters room. We crafted the nusery and finished the floors. Well we put the floors in without any shoe molding but overall it worked they held up beautifully. 4 years later, major renovation is complete and we need to replace all the flooring. You guessed it laminate DIY and this time it has been easy breezy so far. The thing that is different? Well we purchased a laminate cutter hunk industrial paper cutter from the 80's for laminate. I have found this to be the easiest way to cut laminate and it is quiet I don't even have to stand up while laying the floor we did 100 sq ft in under 30 minutes. 

We are trying to finish to do the living, dining foyer in a week (nights only) we have a 3 and a half year old so we work after become. Stay posted but check out this genius tool. 



No comments:

Post a Comment