Sunday, May 17, 2015

Inspired! Accents for living room.

I am not great at coordinating colors I will admit it. I over think it spend way too much time obsessed with it and am married to a color blind man. Seriously, he is colorblind. I laugh about it but, sometimes we argue to because well I can see colors and he can't so therefore I am right!

I have decorated in neutrals.

Wall paint for Living room is spiced vinegar by Olympic One.


It looks much lighter on the wall and is very warm and cozy. Despite being well Beige.

We did a darker color on the hallways (not sure why) it is a beautiful warm brown. Called Almond Fudge.


It is well very nice warm, and a bit darker than it looks on the swatch.

I need an accent color and I have been looking around at my current artwork for inspiration.

My husband and I have a favorite Americana Band "The Black Lillies" we have seen them three times this year. Once at the Gathering in the Gap bluegrass festival; NYE in Knoxville, TN where we purchased a large 18X24 limited edition poster to frame for the living room. And once in Raleigh, NC (our actual hometown). 

They will be traveling through two more times and we already made plans to see them both times. I mention this because it is not just any poster it is a poster that signifies trips, and good times. I love the colors here: 

I do however worry that decorating with posters is well very college. I am going to counter that with I absolutely love it! 

The colors are very calming you have a mustard yellow, light green (pea), and shades of grey. It is contemporary, and vintage inspired. I love it of course. 

The second inspiration we have is a pretty rare piece of American Primitive Handmade artwork. It is rusted metal punch out, and framed in a very traditional blue.

A wooden cross that has a touch of sea-foam on pecan wood with a metal cross attached to the center. 

And a sign that is a shade darker than the wall beige with green (pea) writing that says "There is always always always something to be thankful for."

Pintrest never fails me (Oh but, I do have pintrest fails).

Here are some look at these colors in action! 

Check out spoon flower for fabric. Although I want it to be a bit less southwest.

Must have blanket!


A more upscale version of my inspiration colors. The floors have arrived. We went with laminate traffic master in pecan. It is a product manufactured in Germany by the European branch of shaw so I have high hopes for it despite the budge price tag of .79 cents a sq. ft. 








No comments:

Post a Comment