Thursday, May 14, 2015

Gray with grey too grey?

Perhaps all that grey is too grey.

I found some color charts and realized there are other fantastic options especially when I examined the LVT and sa the yellow orange undertones that are woven in the grey tile.

I found this awesome color wheel at the Interior Holic. We have a grey 4 tile with white and 1 yellow/orange hints throughout making it a lovely earth tone tile.

That is a close up of the yellow orange tones. So I then cross referenced Pinterest with this color block chart. 

I see the natural progression of using pea greens, oranges, and yellows. 

I just wasn't sold on those colors or color families. Digging for more inspiration I came across these combo grey blue inspiration rooms 

Our grey tile is much darker with more tones but this is a really nice calming blue. Check out all the designs at This Old House.

Side by side a teal or Aqua and a darker traditional blue. I feel as if the first is fun but again their tiles are much lighter.(Source) The second is too masculine for me. (Source)

So here are some families that the color chart would like together. Sherwin Williams Linwood sands and naturelle

The Almeria is a nice beige brown with green orange undertones see side by side. 
I can't say I am in love as we have beige and brown walls already in other parts of the house. 
Mountain top is a nice change but I feel as if it clashes somehow.

Bungalow beige is lovely but it maybe dark in that room.

Simply beige looks nice and light. I am sure it is almost the same as what I have in the living room though.

In my hallways we did oyster shell by Olympic and it looks great! 
But in the laundry it would be too dark.
Back to the drawing board. 

No comments:

Post a Comment